Monday, January 7, 2013

Organize your Stuff (Round 6): Recap Week 1-12

With holidays, organize your stuff challenges was put on back burner as I had couple projects I wanted to make for gifts and cards to mail out in December.  As I was doing this, I was making notes of what was working and what wasn't working. I would love to buy all new storage and furniture but I need to wait until I knew which room is going to be my scrap room once we do some fixing up in two of current bedrooms.  We have been discussing about current scrap room I am in now into boys' bedroom and I'll take over their old bedroom. so We shall see in couple months, so my goal is to use what I have and make it work for now.

this is what my room look like on sunday:  COMPLETE DISASTER ZONE



Week 1: Space audit
Week 2 and 3: Brainstorming/clean slate
Week 4: paper
Still love how i organize my papers and where it currently locate. However, I need to find a cabinet or something to have next to it so i can put my paper holder out so I can flip through it or put paper away easier. most of time my table is full and there is no room for me to do this. so I add this to my list of tweaking needed.

Week 5: scraps
In second photo, there is a bin stilling on top of small cabinet that holds all all my scraps.  I previously have it on the black bookshelf but find it to not a good spot as it was in pain to try to sort through the scraps so i move to cabinet top and so much better. I actually am using my scraps more.

Week 6: photos
I put all of my photos together in one spot and haven't touch them yet.

Week 7: Ideas
I purges ton the last time and plan to do another at this time. I also going to use my pinterest board more then will print them out when i need it.

Week 8: projects, unfinished pages, and kits-- still in process in finish some of old projects, couple unfinished pages still need photos... no kits was made at this time.

Week 9: Embellishments
I'm still working on this area. I haven't really decide how i want to do my embellishments. I have been trying couple different storage solutions but they're  not working for me. I'm still figuring out how i want to do this.

Week 10: Alphas
I sort my alphas--stickers by colors, chipboard in its own package in drawers, plain chipboard in its own drawers, alphas brads in its own package in its own drawer as well

Week 11: non-alpha stickers and rub on--still working on this..

Week 12: ribbon, thread, and fibers--haven't touch this yet.

this week, we are go back on previous challenges to catch up for now.. I'm hoping to work on some of them this week. Right now, i'm in cleaning up and putting things away.

Thank for reading! have a great day!

2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

looks fab!

Becky said...

I know exactly what you mean, working with what you have :) We're hoping to finish off the basement this year, which means I'll move to the family room upstairs. I would LOVE all new furniture too, but it's just not going to happen now.