Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Peek at my Process-Valentine Subway Arts-Part 2

Next night, I continue to work on this project, I decided that the pattern strip need something, so i just happen to glance up and saw my brads/eyelet sitting in from of me. So I dug out four pink and 8 dark red for it. I punch four holes as you can see here. My original plan was to cross twine in x fashion but I didn't like the look of it. so i just left with the eyelets and figure I'll come back to it later. 

I ink all the edge with Jenni Bowlin fountain pen of embellishment.  i also mist the dolly with cherry and black walnut ink to blend it more..


here I just layers bit and pieces here and there, add rhinestones on each of them.I glue them all down, add valentine twine to tags..
 I took the frame and paint it antique white..

 mmm-it's too white.. maybe


Add distress ink to it--worn lipstick then use wipe to rub it in and take some of it off.


look much better... 


here is the final project.. 


My friend didn't come down this past Saturday due to the flu. Hopefully this Saturday we will get together and exchange gift.. I am really happy how this turns out. In fact, I'm planning to make one for my self. lol

Thank for visiting! Please come back tomorrow for another What's on your workdesk? Wednesday.. 




2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

looks totall awesome

Becky said...

Perfect! Love how you added the distress ink to the frame, great idea!