Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pre-plan Pages

This a sketch I had in my file that inspire me to do a Thanksgiving 2 pg Layout. I also wanted to do the July Challenge: Brads/Eylet from Scrap our Stash but i missed the deadline of course. My little one wouldn't cooperate with me today. lol Sorry for not so great picture-I use two brads for my journal box and three brads on right for the thanksgiving defination. It really set it off. The turkey came from Cricut.
I thought I post how I do my pre-plan pages in stages with having limited timing each day. I'm lucky if i can get any scrapping in for an hour or so.
First step--chosing pictures--I'm working on my belly shots. Currently I have a few missing that i need to get print out so I add it to my list of pictures to print which i'll be uploading to Walmart tomorrow.
Second step--I will look thur my sketch ideas--could be from Pagemap, a files of various sketchs from others, or magizine. then I will write it on the card if i chose a sketch or I may create my own sketch which I did below.
Step three--Choosing papers and embellisments
When I did the picture, I actually knew that i wanted to use the stickers of pregant woman and saying "What's in your Tummy?. I chose Grey texture (SU) cardstocks then I was deciding on the two accents colors. I chose the lite tuquiose cardstock for mats. I was planing to use white for my tags for journals. While I was setting up the layouts. I had my button collection out from previous project and happen to saw this pale yellow. I decide to use this button as second accent and switch white tag to pale yellow (in third picture--look white but it is yellow). I went ahead and stamp the tags I'll need for this layouts.
Step four--I put all the planning in the page pocket until I can get pictures and journal printed done then I'll go back and put it all together. I store them in this basket so i can do all journals on computer at once and order my pictures on sunday.

No comments: